Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Woman



March is Women's History Month. Unfortunately, I am not "officially" a woman until next month, but whatever. Still a 17-year-old girl. This month's for mommy then. Enjoy my dear.

What is it to be a woman? Have kids, do laundry, be supported by a man? No, that is a housewife. I want to understand and live as a woman, to find what it really means and is. Who is John Galt?

This morning I finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. This morning I was informed that her son committed suicide. At first, I though he had died today. It was the 16th I think, of this month though. Yet TODAY I found out, not by looking for it--just a piece of random information from Henderson. Odd? Quite. Mental illnesses certainly runs her family, since Plath herself committed suicide in 1963. But I had to find out the day I finished her book. Really?

On a less morbid note, I feel accomplished to have finished a book in 3 days. I enjoy the immoderate, self-indulgence of a good binge novel. It empowers me. I realize I must do it more often, thanks to scribd.com. I just love scribd.

And I'll add more later,

for now--

enjoy womanhood.

As I anticipate. (22 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment